Hall Cemetery is a small rural cemetery, mainly for the long time residents of the Hall Region. It is divided into religious denominations.
A special memorial wall and garden for cremated remains is available for interment of ashes.
The Hall Cemetery contains some very rare and endangered plants. Mowing the grass is not possible in the Spring and early Summer, allowing the plants to flower and seed.
Rules of Entry
The Authority seeks your cooperation to maintain a safe and peaceful environment for all. We also seek your cooperation in maintaining Canberra’s cemeteries in a neat and tidy manner.
- Plants may not be planted without prior approval from Cemetery Management
- Potted plants are not allowed
- Nothing may be attached to a monument unless approved by Cemetery Management
- Additional objects and containers, particularly those made of glass, metal or crockery are not allowed
- Items that do not comply with the regulations, or which are considered hazardous may be removed without notice
- Dogs must be kept on a leash all times
- Prior to commencing work, tradespersons must register their presence and location of work with Cemetery Management
- The construction and maintenance of any monument must be carried out by an approved tradesperson and only after the issue of a permit from Cemetery Management